Date:      Sat, 26 Aug 2000 19:10:01 -0700
From:      Chris Moline <chris@theboss.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org

I finally figured out how to burn cds (I didn't know you had to do mkisofs
first). Anyway, I decided to try to backup my system. I have a 1.6GB drive
with 900MB of free space. I have 16MB of RAM plus 70MB of swap space. When
I run mkisofs it quits with an out of swap space error . Is there some way
of getting around this?? Would

mkisofs options - / | burncd -f /dev/acd1c -e data - fixate work?

Also how can I use my cd for multiple sessions?? Every time I try to load a
cd that hasn't been fixated my system crashes and reboots. And if I try to
burn anything else to the cd it corrupts the disk.

TIA,
Chris Moline