Date:      Sat, 15 Jun 2002 11:30:13 +0200
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?B?U/hyZW4gTmVpZ2FhcmQ=?= <neigaard@e-box.dk>
To:        owner-freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, S H A N <shanali@singnet.com.sg>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re[2]: How do I make a stop script

Saturday, June 15, 2002, 11:09:37 AM, S H A N wrote:

SHAN> hi,

SHAN> put the three lines in a file say killjava.sh and run it like

SHAN> #sh -x killjava.sh

SHAN> #!/bin/sh
SHAN> PID=`ps auxw |grep "proximus"|awk '{ print $1}'`
SHAN> kill -9 $PID

I tried with this first:

#!/bin/sh
PID=`ps auxw |grep "proximus"|awk '{ print $1}'`
echo $PID

And it printed out 'root' 12 times (the number of threads my Java app
is running), so I guess that did not work :)

/Søren

SHAN> for explanation pls refer to

SHAN> $man ps
SHAN> $man grep