Date:      Tue, 27 Jul 1999 09:32:51 +0200
From:      Alexander Maret <maret@axis.de>
To:        "'freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Which /etc-files do I need until vinum is initialized?

Hi,

I configured vinum (RAID 1) on a 3.2S System. As I want to mirror
as much as I need to keep the system running (in case of a drive 1
failure) I mirrored /etc as well. At boot time (until vinum is
initialized) the system only has the following files:

/etc/defaults/rc.conf
/etc/rc.conf
/etc/rc
/etc/fstab
/etc/gettytab
/etc/login.conf
/etc/ttys

Do I need all of these files or can I put some of them away
(for example /etc/ttys or /etc/gettytab)? The files
would of course be available as soon as vinum is initialized
and /etc mounted.

Regards,
Alex