Date:      Tue, 27 Nov 2001 22:30:30 -0800
From:      "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
To:        "David Kirchner" <davidk@accretivetg.com>
Cc:        <jacks@sage-american.com>, "Stephen Hovey" <shovey@buffnet.net>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: this spam

When your looking at mailservers with tens of thousands of users on them
even a small change in the average mailbox size can mean the difference
between
putting another 2-3 thousand users on the server or having to build a brand
new one.

Granted, if your a small ISP with 100 or fewer users on a mailserver, the
storage is cheap.  But big ISP's don't screw around with garbage-grade IDE
disk drives that you buy at CompUSA, their hardware is considerably more
expensive.  You should read the AOL administrators postings in
comp.mail.sendmail
to get a feel for what they are dealing with there.

I noted today in the business section that AT&T is dropping their $4.95 a
month
dialup plan.  What I'm talking about is already happening right in front of
us, yet your looking for an excuse to justify that it's not.