Date:      Fri, 19 Jan 2001 14:13:25 GMT
From:      Cliff Sarginson <cliff@raggedclown.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   This is not a re-opening of the shell wars.. :)

Hello,

A very recent mail to this esteemed list was from someone who
didn't like Fbsd because it apparently uses the Bourne Shell.

It occurred to me that everyone uses the shell to a greater
or lesser extent and since it is such a fundamental tool maybe
it is worth saying in the front page blurb on FreeBSD that it supports
all popular shells, sh,ksh,csh,tcsh,bash..even zsh.

The first thing I did when I loaded BSD was to find "bash", I just
assumed it would have it. People with a Linux background will certainly
miss it; and maybe not have the investigative zeal to find it.

No shell flame wars! Just trying to be helpful :)

Cliff