Date:      Sat, 29 Nov 2008 15:59:50 +0900
From:      Pyun YongHyeon <pyunyh@gmail.com>
To:        Mam Ruoc <mamruoc@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: vge driver does not work on a VIA EPIA EN12000EG

On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 09:20:35PM +0100, Mam Ruoc wrote:
 > Onboard LAN: VIA VT6122 GLAN Controller
 >
 > I have submitted a bug report, but has not heard anything, can anybody
 > help me because this is a big showstopper!
 >
 > http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=kern/129135

I think there was a similar report. Would you show me the output of
"pciconf -lcv"?

For a long time I wanted to clean up vge(4). Unfortunately the PCI
NIC I have seem to broken so I guess it's hard to complete the
cleanup. You can get a WIP(now stalled) in the following URL. Note,
the driver may be chatty due to various debugging statements and it
may not work at all for your controller.

http://people.freebsd.org/~yongari/vge/if_vge.c
http://people.freebsd.org/~yongari/vge/if_vgereg.h
http://people.freebsd.org/~yongari/vge/if_vgevar.h

--