Date:      Fri, 12 Nov 1999 11:56:35 -0500
From:      Josh Tiefenbach <josh@zipperup.org>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problems using ppp(8) and PPPoE

I'm having some problems using the newly integrated PPPoE features of ppp(8).
Essentially, when I fire up ppp(8) in interactive mode, and try to enter the
command 'dial' (after reading the default profile), I get the message:

Cannot create PPPoE netgraph node: no such file or directory

which I note is in ether.c:ether_Create()

I've compiled in netgraph support to my kernel via the following config

options NETGRAPH
options NETGRAPH_SOCKET
options NETGRAPH_PPPOE

I previously tried running with just the netgraph kld's, but I got "cannot
send netgraph message" errors, so I just compiled the thing into the kernel.

Since my -current source tree dates from ~Nov 7ish, I wonder if a fix has gone
in since. However, since I need PPPoE support to get that particular machine
online, I havent had a chance to jump through various hoops to get it up to
date.

Any suggestions?

josh

--
"To succeed in the world, it is not enough to be stupid, you must also be
well-mannered" -- Voltaire