Date:      Fri, 19 Jan 2001 09:16:34 -0400
From:      Michael Skipper <mskipper@glue.umd.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   newbie install via dhcp

Hi all
Newbie here. This is a preinstall question(s). I have an older
Thinkpad (760EL, Pent 133, 48 MB RAM, 2G HDD), that doesn't,
unfortunately, boot from CDROM. This model also has the single
bay used by floppy and CD drives, and so I cannot use both
drives at the same time.

I have made the two install floppies using fdimage. If I grab a
set of CDs from Walnut Creek, will I be able to install the kern
and mfsboot images and then be able to switch out the drives
to use the CDs for the remainder of the install?

Most convenient (and cheapest) for me would be to install these
two floppy images, and then use a dhcp ethernet connection (with
supported 3C eth card) to install  the rest of the distro. Is this
possible with what the install floppies provide?

Since I haven't actually shoved the floppies in yet, I don't know
where they leave off--I will, of course, do that and see, but I
thought I would solicit advice here first.

TIA
Mike Skipper