Date:      Tue, 18 Feb 1997 09:15:13 -0800
From:      "Tim Oneil" <toneil@visigenic.com>
To:        sturdee@qtm.net (Mike)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   fresh hardware

At 02:41 AM 2/15/97 -0500, you wrote:
>I've been looking through your site, and see you have install instuctions
>for DOS.. I was wondering what i need to do to install FreeBSD on a newly
>assembled computer that has not yet been booted.

If I may, I couldn't contain myself;

You can go to an exsisting machine and create the bsd boot floppy,
or just do what I and I think what most do, and thats go ahead
and install dos (make sure its 6), and get access to your cdrom
drive, and do it that way. If your really masochistic you can lay
dos down, and then a tcp stack (make sure you have a modem) set
yourself up with a local isp, and install it over the net.
In any case though, you'll need to install dos first, unless the
freeBSD group has come up with something new...
-Tim