Date:      Mon, 18 Mar 1996 20:59:22 -0500
From:      Allyn Hardyck <allynh@avsi.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   CAP 6.0 performance on 2.0.5

I've had this compiled for a while and seems to work well in
principle, in particular for my printing needs it's just fine.  I'm
wondering if anyone has a clue why it would be behaving like it
does in the following case.

If I copy files from the server volume on the FBSD machine to a
Mac the response time seems fine.  But copying TO the server is
pretty slow.  In particular with a large file, behaving as though
it can prioritize the first few packets of info from the file, but
then slowing to a crawl later.  Can anyone explain this behavior,
perhaps in terms of the way FBSD disk I/O is handled?  Thanks for
any info.

Allyn Hardyck                                           304 Hudson St.
Systems Administrator                                   6th floor
Avalanche Systems Inc.                                  New York NY  10013
                                                        212 675 7577
allynh@avsi.com                                     fax 212 924 4440