Date:      Tue, 05 Dec 2006 22:02:11 -0800
From:      Peter Grehan <grehan@freebsd.org>
To:        Marcel Moolenaar <xcllnt@mac.com>
Cc:        ppc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: SMP?

Hi Marcel,

> I'd like to get a rough overview of where things stand and what to  expect
> when someone is to add SMP support.

  I've done almost nothing on this. I believe the atomic ops should be
OK. There was a problem at one stage with trap handlers using global
variables but that should also be fixed with a NetBSD merge that was
done a while back.

  If you can grab the spin-up code from NetBSD, which I don't think is
too bad, it may turn out to be a not-too-difficult project.

later,

Peter.