Date:      Tue, 28 Jan 1997 01:11:54 +0100 (MET)
From:      Jerker Pihl <electro@professor.campus.luth.se>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.com
Subject:   Matsushita/Panasonic CD-ROM

Hello!
I'm running the 2.1.6-RELEASE on my computer, an 486dx/2 with ISA.
To get my Soundblaster Pro II to work I had to recompile my kernel.
Had know it works fine... with one problem. Before i recompiled it,
/stand/sysconfig could identify my cd-rom through my SB card.
I didn't use it throu /stand/sysconfig but now it doesn't even ask
 if I wan't to use the cd-rom in the drive. (No I haven't succeded
in mounting it before I changed the kernel)
Well when I boot it finds(?) it and my SB card

matcd - Matsushita (Panasonic) CD-ROM Driver by FDIV, Version  1(26)
18-Oct-95
matcdc0 at 0x230-0x233 on isa
matcdc0 Host interface type 0
matcd0: [CR-5620.75]
sb0 at 0x220 irq 5 drq 1 on isa
sb0: <SoundBlaster Pro 3.2>

but when I tries to mount it with
# mount -t cd9660 /dev/matcd0c /cdrom/
cd9660: /dev/matcd0c: Device not configured

why? I have made MAKEDEV matcd0 and then rebooted
my machine. If I look with dmesg it says in the end that
matcd0: Could not read the disc size
matcd0: Could not read the disc size
matcd0: Could not read the disc size
a.s.o

It works fine in MSDOS-6.22...
Any suggestions what I should do to get it work in
FreeBSD?

Greetings
Jerker