Date:      Thu, 13 Jul 95 13:06:10 EDT
From:      jwb@ulysses.att.com
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   X config problem

Hi,

I've loaded up 2.0.5-950622-SNAP, and I'm trying to get X setup, and I
have a config problem.

I have a Gateway 4DX2-66V with a ATI Graphics Ultra Pro and CrystalScan
1572FS, and a Logitech MouseMan Cordless.  I get through xf86config without
any problems, but when I startx, the horizontial movement of the pointer
is a mess.  It seems to like only four places on the screen, the extreme
left hand side, about one quarter of the way across, half way across and
three quarters of the way across.  As I move the mouse, the pointer will
move slightly and then bounce back to the position it was in, until it
jumps to the next position.

I tried it with SVGA, and the mouse moves ok, but the desktop doesn't scroll
and it doesn't change size.

Anyone have any thoughts on what I need to change to get things working???

Thanks,

Jim Ballantine