Date:      Wed, 18 Jun 2008 23:16:42 +1000
From:      Edwin Groothuis <edwin@mavetju.org>
To:        Alex Dupre <ale@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Standardize NO_CCACHE flag and ccache definitions

On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 03:01:58PM +0200, Alex Dupre wrote:
> Edwin Groothuis ha scritto:
> >Recently I've started to use devel/ccache again (sometimes it takes
> >a while before you understand how it works) and it works pretty
> >well, except for some ports which can't be build with it. For example
> >devel/cmake.
>
> I use ccache everywhere (world and ports) and I never found a port that
> doesn't compile with it (I have cmake, too).

When building devel/cmake in a jail with ccache enabled it doesn't get further than:

===>  Configuring for cmake-2.6.0
CMake 2.6-0, Copyright (c) 2007 Kitware, Inc., Insight Consortium
C compiler on this system is: /usr/local/libexec/ccache/world-cc -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe
C++ compiler on this system is: /usr/local/libexec/ccache/world-c++ -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe
[...]
CMake has bootstrapped.  Now run make.
===>  Building for cmake-2.6.0
Scanning dependencies of target cmsys
[  0%] Building C object Source/kwsys/CMakeFiles/cmsys.dir/ProcessUNIX.o
[  0%] Building C object Source/kwsys/CMakeFiles/cmsys.dir/Base64.o
[  0%] Building C object Source/kwsys/CMakeFiles/cmsys.dir/MD5.o
[  1%] Building C object Source/kwsys/CMakeFiles/cmsys.dir/Terminal.o
[  1%] Building C object Source/kwsys/CMakeFiles/cmsys.dir/System.o
[  1%] Building C object Source/kwsys/CMakeFiles/cmsys.dir/String.o
[  2%] Building CXX object Source/kwsys/CMakeFiles/cmsys.dir/Directory.o
[  2%] Building CXX object Source/kwsys/CMakeFiles/cmsys.dir/DynamicLoader.o
[  2%] Building CXX object Source/kwsys/CMakeFiles/cmsys.dir/Glob.o
[  3%] Building CXX object Source/kwsys/CMakeFiles/cmsys.dir/RegularExpression.o
[  3%] Building CXX object Source/kwsys/CMakeFiles/cmsys.dir/SystemTools.o
[  3%] Building CXX object Source/kwsys/CMakeFiles/cmsys.dir/CommandLineArguments.o
[  4%] Building CXX object Source/kwsys/CMakeFiles/cmsys.dir/Registry.o
[  4%] Building CXX object Source/kwsys/CMakeFiles/cmsys.dir/IOStream.o
[  4%] Building CXX object Source/kwsys/CMakeFiles/cmsys.dir/SystemInformation.o
Linking CXX static library libcmsys.a
Error running link command: No such file or directory
*** Error code 2

This happens with ccache, without ccache it doesn't.

There are a couple of others which I can't recall right now.

Edwin

--
Edwin Groothuis      |            Personal website: http://www.mavetju.org
edwin@mavetju.org    |              Weblog: http://www.mavetju.org/weblog/