Date:      Fri, 13 Apr 2001 18:45:07 -0700
From:      steve@Watt.COM (Steve Watt)
To:        Gunther Schadow <gunther@aurora.regenstrief.org>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IPsec painful setup...

I have tried both transport and tunnel mode; it seemed clear to me that
transport wouldn't work, but I had to try it anyhow.  I'd dearly love to
use the FreeBSD box directly as the NAT box, but it's a DSL installation
where the DSL line comes into a port on the router.  Unless there are
PCI DSL cards that are likely to work in such a scenario, I think I get
to wrestle with this.

You said "old gif tunnel method"; that implies that there's some new
method?  Where can I find info on that?  I'm currently using gif tunnels,
racoon for isakmp, and ipsec in tunnel mode.

Thanks,