Date:      Wed, 17 Jan 2001 15:53:35 +0100 (CET)
From:      Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        freebsd-smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   dual CPUs for OpenGL any good?

Sure, this is not a Windows NT group here but I know a lot
of expertise hanging around here: We have an application that runs
under NT and does a lot of OpenGL. CPU load is high. It's a single process,
probably single thread application. I'm wondering if I should invest
in CPUs or in Graphics accelerators (video card).

Could a monolithic application benefit from multi CPU at all?
Could driver code run on a different CPU while the other CPU is running for
the application?

Comments?