Date:      Sun, 15 Mar 2009 22:38:43 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
To:        Peter Cornelius <pcc@gmx.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: MGA(0): Unable to map BAR 0. Invalid argument (22) / X.Org Server V. 1.5.3, mga_drv V. 1.9.100, 7.1-STABLE

On Sun, 15 Mar 2009, Peter Cornelius wrote:

> I have an odd Xorg error with a Matrox G200 card here. I have googled
> for it but only found dual-head installations, plus comments that it
> allegedly is fixed with the new FreeBSD Xorg 1.5.3 ports.

The last time I saw that error was on a -CURRENT test system several
months ago.  That system is updating now to the latest -CURRENT.  Time
will not be available for at least the next few days to try 7.1, but
I'll see what I can do.

The 1.4.9 version of mga may work.  I'd give portdowngrade instructions
for it, but the anoncvs server isn't answering.

If you have the option of replacing the Matrox card, better-supported
Radeons are available in AGP, PCI, and PCIE versions.