Date:      Thu, 9 Mar 2000 22:56:27 -0500 (EST)
From:      Mike Squires <mikes@sir-alan.chem.indiana.edu>
To:        dayton+freebsd-stable@overx.com
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: samba 2.0.6 crashing -stable

> Basically, when copying large files, the FreeBSD file server appears
> to lose all of its network connectivity.  It cannot be pinged, etc.

I have been having problems with network errors which appear to be
samba related.  This appears to be because the MS SMB protocol is
very chatty.  I suspect that it is related to my old SMP hardware
(Everex PO-6200 dual PPro, Intel Pro100B).

Dwyer sent me suggested mods, which have been posted to the samba newsgroup
and should be available from the samba archive; I can dig them up if you
wish (not currently working on the 3.4-STABLE machine).