Date:      Thu, 21 Mar 2002 19:25:15 -0500
From:      dfisher <dfisher@vt.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   strange process for root login

Hello,
I happened to log into my machine as root today and run a ps.
I was just checking so see if I had any run away processes.
I noticed that my login was shown as "login -p \^[[s".
The process parent is 1, but it still seems strange.
I logged in as another user and the process list showed what I would expect
for that user. (login -p username).
Does anyone know what might be causing this?
I'm running 4.5-release.
Thanks.

--Daniel Fisher