Date:      Mon, 9 Mar 1998 19:36:51 +0200 (EET)
From:      Penisoara Adrian <ady@warpnet.ro>
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Quantum Fireball SE ? Your (other) choices ?

Hi,

  Well, as the subject says, I'm looking for some opinions on Quantum's
Fireball SE (8.4 Gb version) -- it's on my shopping list for our FreeBSD
server and wondered if I have a good choice, the price seems quite nice at
$57/Gb, that's $479 for the whole thing. I have big plans for it, it's
supposed to cooperate with a PCI AHA 2940UA controller and sustain all
server activity, meaning news, squid-cache, WWW space, FTP mirrors & such.

  And while I'm at this: what are your conclusions regarding use of
multiple harddisks w/ or w/o CCD rather than a big one ? What kind of
SCSI HDD would you choose for this ?

  Thank you all
  Ady (@warpnet.ro)
  Warp Net Technologies