Date:      Sun, 30 Jul 1995 19:17:04 -0700
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        kelly@fsl.noaa.gov
Cc:        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Tcl 7.4 / Tk 4.0 Ports

 *     Satoshi> Ok, seems like it's too dangerous to lose tcl-7.3, and we
 *     Satoshi> definitely can't erase tk-3.6.  Now, what should we do?

 * At least the out-of-the-box install for both tcl7.4 and tk4.0 don't
 * clobber exiting files.  Ousterhout's added version numbers to the
 * names of the directories, the libraries, and the executables.

Oops sorry, I was talking about our ports tree, not the users'
/usr/local filesystem (but that's another concern that I was going to
take a closer look after we decide where to put them in our ports
tree).

Good to know they designed it that way, though.  Thanks. :)

Satoshi