Date:      Thu, 11 Nov 1999 10:04:57 +0100
From:      eT <eT@post.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   One bit error on BUS?

What could the possible explanation be in the following scenario:

We have:

arbitrary chip <---localbus---> pci controller <===pcibus===>
BX Motherboard <------> RAM

And somewhere in the transfer of blocks of data between the chip (on the
left) and the RAM on the right we have random one bit errors.  we means
that for huge streams of transfer all might be ok and at random
intervals exactely one bit will be set incorrectly (not always the same
bit in the byte).

We have a 440BX motherboard with a PII400.

Is it a timing problem on data transfer on the local bus or pci bus?