Date:      Thu, 10 Oct 2002 17:15:06 +0200
From:      <hselasky@c2i.net>
To:        prallon@tmp.com.br
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: New ihfc driver

> Fra: Sergio de Souza Prallon <prallon@tmp.com.br>
> Dato: 2002/10/07 Mon PM 06:57:49 CEST
> Til: hselasky@c2i.net
> CC: freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org
> Emne: Re: New ihfc driver
>
> Hello,
>
> From the fragment below I noticed that your driver also works with
> the Tiger chips. In fact,if I understood right, it can replace the
> entire set of layer drivers. Apparently you tried very hard to
> eliminate duplicated code spread among the various drivers, what is,
> IMHO, a `Good Thing' (tm). The only critic I do is the legibility
> of the code. In a brief look I've made, I didn't manage to grasp how
> the gears of your "macro driver programing language" work under the
> hood. There isn't another, a bit more readable, way around it?
>
> Do you have a -STABLE version of your driver?
> I want to give it a try but an upgrade to -CURRENT is out of question.
> May be I learn a thing or two from the experience as it was the case
> with the HDLC macros.
>
> []'s
>
> --
> Prallon
re: New ihfc

Maybe there is need for a preprocessor that does more than
just expanding macros? If you get the raw c++ code you might get a better
picture.

About -stable support there is no plans for such. If you want to use
the code on a -stable machine, a substitution for mutexes must be
found, like disabling interrupts, if -stable is not supporting
mutexes. (This workaround is for single CPU systems.) Otherwise the
system setup is very similar to your driver, which I assume compiles
and runs on -stable.

--
  HPS