Date:      Fri, 27 Jul 2001 07:13:06 +0000 (GMT)
From:      "P. U. (Uli) Kruppa" <root@pukruppa.de>
To:        Caleb Walker <cwalker@cwalk.org>
Cc:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Installing a new Hard Drive to add space

On Thu, 26 Jul 2001, Caleb Walker wrote:
> What is going to be the best way to add a new hard drive after I have a
> working system up and running?  Any good reading material or any kind of help
> would be appreciated.
You can start
# /stand/sysinstall
-> post installation
and partition and format the new harddisk the same way as
you did it with the old one.
Then leave sysinstall and enter the new slices and their
mount-points in
/etc/fstab
(syntax is pretty self-explanatory)
and reboot.

And an advice: Have a thought if you just need additional
storage-space (no problem) or if you need to move your
complete /usr to a bigger partition (might be a problem).

Good Luck.

Uli.