Date:      Mon, 18 Mar 1996 22:11:09 -0500
From:      "Louis A. Mamakos" <louie@TransSys.COM>
To:        Joe Greco <jgreco@brasil.moneng.mei.com>
Cc:        taob@io.org (Brian Tao), hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Microsoft "Get ISDN"?

On the other hand, you can get pro-active maintenance stats on the PRI
that you'll never get on POTS lines.  You'll be able to tell if you
line is clean or not by looking at line coding errors, as well as the
ESF performance data stats, which are also protected by a CRC-6.

Plus, when you call in a broken T1 or PRI, the phone company tends to
react more seriously to it..

And best of all, you have a bunch fewer wires to break, both on the
POTS side and if you do it right, no RS232 wires.

louie