Date:      Mon, 15 May 2006 14:50:37 +1000
From:      Michael Vince <mv@thebeastie.org>
To:        infernus@infernusweb.net
Cc:        freebsd-apache@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ASP for FreeBSD..

Ivan Sønsteby (infernus) wrote:

>   Hello, sorry to bother, but:
>   Is there or is there not a fully functional Active Server Pages server
>   software available for FreeBSD?
>   I'm almost insane after searching the net.. I find Chilisoft and then
>   when I enter it, I come to a ASP thingy from Sun Microsystems..
>   If the Sun ASP software is called Chilisoft, why don't they write it
>   on their site?
>   And I don't think it will work with FreeBSD..
>   Again, sorry for this angry mail..
>   But I have the need to know and everything else is going the wrong way
>   today..
>   Mvh. Ivan S. (Norway)
>   If this mail should be in Text only and not HTML, please inform me..
>   :P

A friend of mine bought and used Chilisofts ASP software, but after
trying like hell to get all his ASP code to work on it he gave up. It
just didn't do everything he wanted and it always kept crashing.
I think his and my basic view of it is this, its so crap you wonder what
kind of nerve some people must have to create and sell such software.
I think your better off just rewriting the code if you want to host on
non MS platform.
There are some converters of some sort in the ports tree you might want
to give them a shot, we never really tried them

/usr/ports/www/asp2php
/usr/ports/www/p5-Apache-ASP
/usr/ports/www/ruby-asp