Date:      Fri, 3 Aug 2001 12:42:45 -0700
From:      Erin Fortenberry <efortenb@sdccd.cc.ca.us>
To:        "'Fred Condo'" <fred@condo.chico.ca.us>, Erin Fortenberry <efortenb@sdccd.cc.ca.us>
Cc:        "'questions@freebsd.org'" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: sendmail

> From: Fred Condo [mailto:fred@condo.chico.ca.us]
> On Fri, Aug 03, 2001 at 11:50:44AM -0700, Erin Fortenberry wrote:
> > Can someone tell me how to make sendmail run in -bd mode
> but not listen to
> > any ports?
>
> What's your goal? If it is to make sure that queued mail gets sent,
> you want sendmail -q30m (30 minutes between queue runs). You can also
> write things like -q2h for 2 hours.

My goal is for sendmail to not listen to anyports, only on lo0 if needed.
This machine is a web server and I keep getting people attaching to ports 25
to try and relay email. I could just block the port, but I would think
sendmail could be configured to shut off the port itself.

> > Also, does anyone know what is on these ports? I got this
> from 'netstat -an'
> >
> > udp4       0      0  *.518                  *.*
> > udp4       0      0  *.512                  *.*
> > udp4       0      0  *.514                  *.*
> >

> Those will all be listed in /etc/services

Thanks, I will look.

Erin