Date:      Sun, 22 Feb 2004 09:39:40 +0100
From:      Alex de Kruijff <freebsd@akruijff.dds.nl>
To:        "Pratt, Benjamin E." <bepratt@stcloudstate.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Apache FreeBSD not executing

On Sat, Feb 21, 2004 at 07:02:04PM -0600, Pratt, Benjamin E. wrote:
> Hello -
>
> I'm trying to get my Apache web server up and running with PHP support but am running into problems.  When I try to go to a .php web page I'm prompted to save the page instead of having the browser show the page.
>
> I've installed both /usr/ports/www/apache21/ and /usr/ports/www/mod_php5/ and in my httpd.conf file I've got the lines:
>
> LoadModule php5_module        libexec/apache2/libphp5.so
> DirectoryIndex index.html index.html.var index.php
> AddType application/x-http-php .php
>
> I've had this running before but not since I formatted my system, installed FreeBSD 5.1 and then synced my source tree and upgraded the system.  I am now running FreeBSD 5.2.1-RC2 #2 from Sat Feb 21 13:55:19 CST 2004.
>
> I've also tried installing /usr/ports/lang/php5/ and /usr/ports/lang/php4/ and had the same issues.
>
> Thanks for any help,

I run Apache2 with php5 on a FreeBSD 4 box and that works. In order for
PHP to work you need to set WITH_APACHE2 in the envorement. For csh
shell its: setenv WITH_APACHE2 yes

I have these for lines:
LoadModule php5_module        libexec/apache2/libphp5.so
DirectoryIndex index.php index.html index.html.var
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php

Alex

Articles based on solutions that I use:
http://www.kruijff.org/alex/index.php?dir=docs/FreeBSD/