Date:      Fri, 14 Dec 2001 00:18:20 -0600
From:      jacks@sage-american.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Log dies after rotation

After setting up the newsyslog to rotate natd log, it gets trimmed okay,
but stops recording afterwards. Have looked everywhere for an explanation,
but NADA... here is the line in my newsyslog.conf:
# logfilename          [owner:group]    mode count size when [ZB]
[/pid_file] [sig_num]
/var/log/alias.log                      644  3     *    $D0   Z

It should be pretty simple, but hit a brick wall... been looking at it too
long! It's set to trim at midnight and now it's 12:16am and no more
logging. Has been running at about 2MB/day. I thought the permissions was
set okay, but that about the only thing I haven't changed.

...any suggestions appreciated once again... sigh!

Best regards,
Jack L. Stone,
Server Admin

Sage-American