Date:      Wed, 11 Aug 1999 14:39:32 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        Juha Nurmela <junki@qn-lpr2-165.quicknet.inet.fi>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mmap bug

:If the latter mmap.c is allowed to fill up filesystem, -current hangs in
:
:/kernel: pid 2 (pagedaemon), uid 0 on /: file system full
:/kernel: vnode_pager_putpages: I/O error 28
:/kernel: vnode_pager_putpages: residual I/O 16384 at 880
:
:...repeating the last two lines, gradually increasing pindex,
:residual changing to 64kB.
:
:Juha

    It should stop eventually when it runs out of pages in the map.  This
    is what happens when you map a file, ftruncate() it to be a certain
    size (all zero-fill), and then touch the pages forcing the filesystem
    to allocate actual blocks for the data and the filesystem isn't big
    enough.  The system doesn't know the filesystem isn't big enough until
    it actually tries to flush the pages.

					-Matt
					Matthew Dillon
					<dillon@backplane.com>