Date:      Wed, 24 Nov 1999 07:06:36 -0800
From:      Cy Schubert - ITSD Open Systems Group <Cy.Schubert@uumail.gov.bc.ca>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: speaking of 3.4...

How many times have I seen this discussion on this list?!  I've been
using FreeBSD on various types of hardware since 2.0.5.  The only stability
problems I've had were around the time of 2.1 and 2.1.1.  IMO every FreeBSD
release has been more stable.

If you feel there are stability issues either roll up your sleeves and
help out or go back to RedHat (which IMO is much less stable)!

Regarding the release schedule, does it really matter whether i'ts a
release every three months or ever four months.  If it's that much of
an issue, skip every other release.  IME, sometimes we have 3 releases
a year, other times 4.

If you're a CDROM customer, it's only $24.  $24 is not much to pay for
good software!  If you can't afford $24, you need to focus on the real
problems in your life -- forget FreeBSD and work out your personal problems
out first!

For those of you who refuse to test before -release.  You get what you
deserve!

Sun/DEC Team, UNIX Group    Internet:  Cy.Schubert@uumail.gov.bc.ca
ITSD                                   Cy.Schubert@gems8.gov.bc.ca
Province of BC