Date:      Fri, 19 Nov 2010 10:01:13 +0100 (CET)
From:      sthaug@nethelp.no
To:        siquijorphilips@gmail.com
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to generate IPv6 RA without any prefixes?

> > You mean to say that you want your router to act as the default IPv6
> > gateway only advertising default route via RA and the IPv6 prefixes
> > are managed by other means such as DHCPv6 server? Because by its the
> > only way I can think of with your case now. You can specify
> > 'pinfoflags' with 'l' in the /etc/rtadvd.conf to suppress the prefix
> > information option being advertised.
> >

> My suggestion above is not complete, you should have something in your
> /etc/rtadvd.conf
>
> vlan0:\
>              :raflags="mo":pinfoflags="l":

This results in rtadvd sending RAs with "managed, other" flags, while
the "pinfoflags" without a corresponding prefix ("addr") results in the
default behavior: The explicit "pinfoflags" entry is ignored, interface
prefix is taken from the kernel routing table and announced as a prefix
info option with onlink and auto flags.