Date:      Sun, 26 Mar 2000 14:52:13 -0500
From:      Peter Radcliffe <pir@pir.net>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3com wavelan/802.11[b]/"AirConnect"

Mark Fullmer <m@net.ohio-state.edu> probably said:
> There is a cli that runs on FreeBSD and eventually be added to the
> embedded OS.  It's still in early beta but works well enough for
> a basic configuration.

Ah, thats very useful. Do you have a reference for source ?
(my servers are sparcs so I'd be interested in porting it to solaris).

> If you open the Airport you'll find a Lucent wireless card inside
> which can have an external antenna connected to it.

*blink*
A Lucent pcmcia card or the apple not-pcmcia connector ?
The airport is far cheaper than the gold lucent cards.

Either way, thats very interesting ...

> The Airport can do this too, I don't think it's documented though.

Having thought about it, as long as it needs low voltage DC you could
build adaptors yourself even if it didn't have the power pullout built
in.

OK, you've just removed everything I didn't like about the airports.
:)

P.

--
pir                  pir@pir.net                    pir@net.tufts.edu