Date:      Fri, 17 Jan 1997 23:41:03 -0500 (EST)
From:      Kenneth Merry <ken@housing1.stucen.gatech.edu>
To:        smp@csn.net (Steve Passe)
Cc:        se@freebsd.org, smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Adaptec 3940UW and SMP

Steve Passe wrote...
> STefan wrote:
> > I still think there is a problem with the installation
> > of the shared PCI interrupt handler, if I read the log
> > messages corerctly.
>
> I tend to agree, and we would want to ask Kenneth Merry to run tests of that
> for
> us as his system now works with the 3940 in all other respects.  By this I mean
> I believe he can now run the SMP kernel with APIC_IO enabled, and the 3940
> booting the system properly.

	Yeah, things work fine with the APIC_IO kernel, or at least it
boots on the 3940 the system comes up normally, etc...  I haven't really
flogged it with APIC_IO enabled.  (since X only runs without it enabled)

	Just let me know if there are any tests you want me to run and I'll
give 'em a try.

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry