Date:      Sun, 06 Jan 2002 23:59:11 -0800 (PST)
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@xcllnt.net>
Cc:        freebsd-smp@FreeBSD.ORG, "Andrew R. Reiter" <arr@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: SMPng biweekly updates

On 07-Jan-02 Marcel Moolenaar wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 04, 2002 at 05:50:46PM -0500, Andrew R. Reiter wrote:
>>
> [snip]
>> I propose a biweekly mini-email that goes out to -smp that is essentially
>> an outline of what's being done, what's being discussed, what needs to be
>> done, and any design changes/thoughts.
> [snip]
>> I am volunteering to do this job...  But, what Im interested in is seeing
>> if those out there listening are interested in having this done...
> [snip]
>
> Yes. I fail to have time to fully participate, but need to be aware
> of SMPng to have SMP support on ia64 make sense. For that I already
> need to invest a lot of energy (new ground), and if I progress/learn
> less quickly than SMPng can change the world around me, I'll probably
> not catch up anytime soon.

Actually, SMPng at this point won't change much as far as implementing the MD
code to get SMP up and running.  If you need some hints or have questions, feel
free to ask on here.  I worked on getting it going for Alpha, and Jake
Burkholder is currently doing it for sparc64, so hopefully we can help answer
your questions. :)