Date:      Wed, 11 Feb 1998 06:18:03 +0100
From:      Eivind Eklund <eivind@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        "Alok K. Dhir" <adhir@worldbank.org>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Compiling LKMs

On Thu, Feb 12, 1998 at 12:43:56AM -0400, Alok K. Dhir wrote:

> Hey all - I'm running 3.0-current.  After a "make world", I noticed that I
> could no longer load the linux emulation.  Modload reported several
> "Undefined Symbol" errors.  Similarly, the ibcs2 emulation loading
> reported an error as well (although at least it loaded).
>
> After messing around for a while, I realized that if I back out to the
> previous (before make world) version of the linux_mod.o, and the ibcs2
> .o modules, everything works again.
>
> So the question is, what am I doing wrong?  Why can't I compile the lkm's
> as part of the make world and have them continue to work?

Recompile your kernel, too.  After recompiling the kernel and the LKMs, it
should work.  If not, then please yell at me - it is most likely my changes
that are causing this.

I committed fixes for this earlier tonight, so AFAIK everything is OK in the
source tree as of right now.  It wasn't OK 6 hours ago.

Eivind, the major repeat offender for LKM-breaking :-(