Date:      Mon, 1 May 2000 11:30:38 -0700
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>
To:        Randy Katz <fastpoint@ccsales.com>
Cc:        Shawn Barnhart <swb@grasslake.net>, "questions@freebsd.org" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: stop complaining about x11 please (was: Re: Why does PORTS SUCK so BADLY!?)

* Randy Katz <fastpoint@ccsales.com> [000501 11:21] wrote:
> Guys!!!
>
> Oh come on, can't you try ./configure --help
> All the parameters are there....that is if you know how to cd to the source (src) directory...!!!

no, ports should handle this, and is quite capable of handling it,
if no one has this done by the weekend and it's ok with the ports
master I'll implement it myself.

I was very annoyed to see that mrtg pulled in python which pulled
in X11 and a lot of other huge items just because mrtg comes with
a single python script that I didn't want.

Ports are supposed to be easy and the way to avoid mucking with
terribly annoying configure scripts.