Date:      Mon, 9 Oct 2000 12:29:09 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Peter Ulrich Kruppa <root@pukruppa.de>
To:        "Wei Zhao (ERA)" <Wei.Zhao@era.ericsson.se>
Cc:        "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: XWindow installation..

Hi,

On Mon, 9 Oct 2000, Wei Zhao (ERA) wrote:

> I installed freeBSD on my machine before without installing XWindow
> system. And now I want to install XWindow on it. What should I do? I
> have the installation CD (freeBSD 3.4) with me.
Type
	# /stand/sysinstall
that will start the installation menu, there select
	configure | Distributions | XFree86 ...
After this procedure exit the installation-menu, reboot and try
	# XF86Setup	,
in case that does not work
	# xf86config

And, if you do this the first time in your life:
Be patient with yourself and your machine :-)

Uli.