Date:      Fri, 15 Dec 2000 08:54:52 +1000
From:      "Tim McCullagh" <timbo@halenet.com.au>
To:        <freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   OT   Spamming on this list of late

Hi All,

Of late there has been a degree of spamming using this and other FreeBSD
lists.   There has also been some discusion on how to prevent it.

I just saw this on at the bottom of an email that was sent to me

NOTICE: By sending unsolicited commercial advertising/solicitations
(or otherwise on or as part of a mailing list) to the above e-mail
address you will be indicating your consent to paying Danick Systems
a Limited Liability Corporation and controller of this domain
$10,000.oo U.S.D./hour for a minimum of 1 hour for my time spent
dealing with it. Payment due in 30 days upon receipt of an invoice
(e-mail or regular mail) from me or my authorized representative.

If it is legal to do this then this may be the solution.   It may also help
with some needed funds for the FreeBSD project at the expense of individuals
and corporations misusing the list.

Thanks for all the tips and replys to security related issues in 2000

Regards

Tim