Date:      Fri, 06 Sep 2002 23:32:13 -0700
From:      Thanatos <thanatos@vcnet.com>
To:        Mike Hogsett <hogsett@csl.sri.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ATI All-in-Wonder 128

Mike Hogsett wrote:
> I have an ATI All-in-Wonder 128 video card at home with SVideo & Component
> video in and a cable tuner.  Are there any software packages that will
> support this card for FreeBSD?
>
>  - Mike

Hi Mike,

What version of FreeBSD are you using / planning to use? What do you
mean by "software packages"? Do you want to run X-Windows? Do you want
to use your SVideo/Component/Cable Tuner?

Please provide more info and I we will try to help.

For reference, you can visit the XFree86 home page for a list of
supported cards under 4.2.0 ( latest version that comes with FreeBSD
4.6.2 ). I didn't see the All-in-Wonder card but I would image that it
uses the Mach 64 chip set and therefore _should_ work under BSD .. but I
have not tried it yet.

XFree86: http://www.xfree86.org

You can also see a list of supported hardware for FreeBSD here:

http://www.freebsd.org/releases/4.6.2R/hardware-i386.html

( for the i386 platform )

Hope that helps,
Thanatos