Date:      Thu, 02 Feb 2012 12:11:58 +0000
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        Alberto Villa <avilla@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [HEADSUP][CFT] pkgng beta1 is out

--------------enigE7A9CA100CF65B02EFF6386D

On 02/02/2012 10:22, Alberto Villa wrote:
> On Thursday 02 February 2012 09:02:03 Matthew Seaman wrote:
>> That seems to work pretty well, but the portmaster feature for deletin=
>> build-only dependencies doesn't seem to be doing anything.  I'll need =
>> rerun the tests to confirm that though.
>=20
> It has worked fine for me so far...

I think I see what the problem here is:

=3D=3D=3D>>> Deleting installed build-only dependencies
The following packages will be deinstalled:
	pkg-1.0.b1

The deinstallation will require 0 B more space
Deinstalling pkg-1.0.b1... done
/usr/local/sbin/portmaster: /usr/local/sbin/pkg: not found
/usr/local/sbin/portmaster: /usr/local/sbin/pkg: not found
/usr/local/sbin/portmaster: /usr/local/sbin/pkg: not found
/usr/local/sbin/portmaster: /usr/local/sbin/pkg: not found
/usr/local/sbin/portmaster: /usr/local/sbin/pkg: not found
/usr/local/sbin/portmaster: /usr/local/sbin/pkg: not found
/usr/local/sbin/portmaster: /usr/local/sbin/pkg: not found

Ooops.

Also that deinstall list should have several more packages on it, not
just pkg-1.0.b1.

Hmmm... does this have to do with fix in revision 1.705 of bsd.port.mk?
Let me try yet again with that update in place.

Actually, here's a feature request for pkgng -- can we have:

   pkg lock pkgname...

and

   pkg unlock pkgname...

where pkgng will refuse to modify or delete a locked package?  I see
this as mostly bullet-proof-shoes to be applied as required by system
administrators, but automatically locking pkgng on install makes sense
to me.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--=20