Date:      Mon, 4 Aug 1997 02:07:29 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Wolfgang Helbig <helbig@MX.BA-Stuttgart.De>
To:        FreeBSD-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FD_SETSIZE in 2.2 and -current

Back in the good old days when I was playing with -current *and*
the ports collection, I've found out that FD_SETSIZE's value
differs in 2.2 (256) and -current (1024) .

As this caused some confusion during debugging the xview-lib port and
gratutious differences between 2.2 and -current should be
avoided, I suggest to update the value of FD_SETSIZE to 1024 in 2.2 .
This is tested with the xview-lib at least and worked fine.

The man page for select(2) mentiones this value and thus needs an
update as well (see also PR bin/4177)

Wolfgang