Date:      Sat, 14 Feb 1998 02:49:06 +0100
From:      Eivind Eklund <eivind@yes.no>
To:        Ian Freislich <iang@iafrica.com>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Audio using haupauge wintv card

On Sat, Feb 14, 1998 at 12:19:17AM +0200, Ian Freislich wrote:
> Here is the stuff from a dmesg. The first is from Mark Murray's
> computer which has an older version of the card and the audio works
> perfectly there:
>
> bktr0: <BrookTree 848> rev 0x11 int a irq 17 on pci0.9.0
> Hauppauge WinCast/TV, Temic PAL tuner.
>
> Now for mine: (where the audio doesn't work:)
> bktr0: <BrookTree 848> rev 0x12 int a irq 5 on pci0.10.0
> Hauppauge WinCast/TV, Temic PAL tuner, msp3400c stereo.
>
> As you can see the only difference is that msp3400c stereo thingy.
> I do hope that someone more knowledgeable than I can shed some light
> this matter.

Uhm - the MSP-code shouldn't really be necessary, methinks.  That
message just means that it is detected (I added it), and not that it
is used.  Actually (as I've found out later), an MSP3410B will be
detected at the same address, so the msp3400c part is kind of a lie.
I only added a minor probe to see if one was present, and it doesn't
even initialize it.

What I'd do to attempt to make the sound work is change the audio MUX
values for your card.  The values from 0 to 0xf is in use; one of them
should give you sound.

Then we'll have to make a new probe for your card, to distinguish it
from the earlier cards...

Eivind.