Date:      Tue, 26 Jun 2001 08:35:51 +0200
From:      Erik Trulsson <ertr1013@student.uu.se>
To:        steve.d.meacham@mail.sprint.com
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Best time to cvsup -STABLE

On Mon, Jun 25, 2001 at 05:02:09PM -0500, steve.d.meacham@mail.sprint.com wrote:
> I'd like to know if there is a time window where -STABLE is most likely
> to not be getting updated.  This should allow us to avoid grabbing and
> building source that by chance has some changes only partially checked
> in and then getting strange behaviour or build errors.
>
> I heard mention on this list that there should be such a window but I'm
> not certain if there is one or not.

There is not really any such time, no.
You might analyze the commitlogs and see if there is any particular
time when there is a low number of commits usually made but I don't
think there is.

Or you might just read the cvs-all list and see if there is anything
special going on at the moment. Works for me.

Note that there are committers working from (among other places)
Europe, Japan, and North America which means that there is somebody
awake and active 24 hours a day more or less.

--
<Insert your favourite quote here.>
Erik Trulsson