Date:      Sat, 02 Jan 1999 07:02:21 PST
From:      "SANJAY KISEN" <rubyday@hotmail.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        rubyday@hotmail.com
Subject:   my questions to FreeBSD

Hi!
 I bought FreeBSD 2.2.7, I have following question let me have answers
at rubyday@hotmail.com
my sys config 166MHz MMX pentium, 5SVA-E VIA Apollo VPX motherboard,
2.1GB HDD, SAMTRON 4Bi monitor,
ALi CAT II display card with 2MB VRAM, 32MB SDRAM, OPTi 931 Sound card
pro with IDE connector, SMASUNG CDROM,
1.44 FDD

1. How and where to register the 2.2.7 FreeBSD?
2. How to mount the CDROM ?
3. How to mount Sound Card ? BSD is not recognising it ?
4. If I hit ipcs command line it gives
SVID message facility not configured in the system
Shared Memory:
T	ID	KEY	MODE	OWNER	GROUP
SVID semaphores facility not configured in the system
 How to configure the message and semaphores facility?
5. How to configure the Xfree86 Bcos it is asking RAMDAC spec and I am
getting halfscreen display ?
6. In case of installing FreeBSD in 4GB hardisk freeBSD doses not
recognise logical partition in extended partition
 of DOS and How to allocate space for BSD by making 4 partions in single
HDD ?
7. How can I help FreeBSD ?

I am totally new to this kind of OS please let me have detailed answers
with fragments of source code in C.
Thanking you