Date:      Sat, 11 Nov 2000 05:34:22 -0500 (EST)
From:      Shawn Duffy <sduffy@stargate.net>
To:        Will Yardley <william@hq.newdream.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: more color ls questions.

This is probably a matter of making each new terminal (Eterm, xterm,
etc.) a login shell. When it is a login shell, it will read all of your
bassh config files such as .bashrc and .profile, but if it isn't a login
shell it doesn't read them...
usually there is a switch you can add when you launch it...
just do a:
man xterm (or whatever)

and it should tell you how to specify login shell

shawn p. duffy
stargate industries, llc
network operations center