Date:      Sat, 4 Mar 1995 13:26:53 +0800 (CST)
From:      Brian Tao <taob@gate.sinica.edu.tw>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: pcvt in -current

Joerg Wunsch <joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de> wrote...

> One additional hint for this: it will annoy people if you send mails
> to both lists.  -current is a clear subset of -hackers (semantically:
> all `hackers' that run `current').

    Oops!  Sorry folks!

> >     Same here, but it would be nice to have VT-220 on the console,
> > especially if I can get a 50-line display (which also seems to be broken
> > now... "vidcontrol VGA_80x50" no longer works).  I just noticed the PCVT
>
> Does this mean a _syscons_ kernel can no longer load the 50-line
> charset?  You should report this to -current if it's the case.

    Right... in my kernel config file:

device          sc0 at isa? port "IO_KBD" tty irq 1 vector scintr
options         HARDFONTS
options         "MAXCONS=8"

    The only part of -current I'm using right now are the ncr.c and pci.c
devices drivers.  Everything else is from the 950210 snapshot.  50-line mode,
via 'vidcontrol' gives me an "Cannot set videomode:  Invalid argument" error,
yet that mode is listed in the help screen.  Setting the console to 30 lines
works, however.  Was vidcontrol updated between the 950202 and 950210
snapshots?  It used to work for me, before the most recent snapshot.