Date:      Sun, 13 Oct 2019 12:51:44 +0200
From:      Eduardo Morras <emorrasg@yahoo.es>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sctp and getaddrinfo

On Thu, 3 Oct 2019 00:01:30 -0500
Brian Wood <woodbrian77@gmail.com> wrote:

> Eduardo Morras writes:
>
> > Yes, I use it. Some questions:
> >
> > a) Can you post your getaddreinfo call?
> >
> > b) Do you use hint? Set it to null.
> >
> I have this:
>
> ::addrinfo hints{0, AF_UNSPEC, SOCK_STREAM
>                          , IPPROTO_SCTP,0,0,0,0};
>
> > c) Are you using more than one network interface? getaddrinfo
> > (afaik) don't support it. After using getaddrinfo you can add more
> > interfaces to the association
> >
> > d) Does your dns work? Are client and server in the same machine?
>
> They are on the same network.

Don't know why is it failing to you. For my sctp code I used code from sctp-tools git project https://github.com/jtt/sctp-tools and sctplabs github repo (check https://github.com/sctplab/sctp_proxy project)

In freebsd-net are sctp gurus, you could ask there too.

> Brian

---   ---
Eduardo Morras <emorrasg@yahoo.es>