Date:      Mon, 14 Jan 2013 17:54:55 +0100
From:      "Ralf Mardorf" <ralf.mardorf@rocketmail.com>
To:        "FreeBSD Questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Starting the desktop environment doesn't work automatically

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2013-January/248117.html

Thank you,
to enable "su", I run

# pw user mod rocketmouse -G wheel

Restart is enabled by

$ cat ~/.xinitrc
# /usr/local/bin/startxfce4
exec startxfce4 --with-ck-launch

# cat /usr/local/etc/polkit-1/localauthority/50-local.d/power.pkla
#To be able to shutdown or reboot rocketmouseyour system, you'll have to
add a .pkla file
#in /usr/local/etc/polkit-1/localauthority/50-local.d directory. Which
looks
#like this (replace PUTYOURGROUPHERE by your group):

[Restart]
Identity=unix-group:rocketmouse
Action=org.freedesktop.consolekit.system.restart
ResultAny=yes
ResultInactive=yes
ResultActive=yes

[Shutdown]
Identity=unix-group:rocketmouse
Action=org.freedesktop.consolekit.system.stop
ResultAny=yes
ResultInactive=yes
ResultActive=yes

[Suspend]
Identity=unix-group:rocketmouse
Action=org.freedesktop.upower.suspend
ResultAny=yes
ResultInactive=yes
ResultActive=yes

:D I suspect I randomly copied "rocketmouse" to the comments, that reminds
me of another question I've got.

If I make mcedit the default editor, could this cause serious issues,
perhaps if upgrading the kernel and world? I don't like vi and similar
editors. For the DE I usually use gedit and similar editors.

Regards,
Ralf

--
FreeBSD 9.1-RELEASE amd64