Date:      Fri, 5 Jul 2002 10:05:20 -0400
From:      "Joe & Fhe Barbish" <barbish@a1poweruser.com>
To:        "Alexandre Bensi {'aledon'}" <alexandre@dep.ufscar.br>
Cc:        "FBSDQ" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: PPPd whith CallBack in FreeBSD

You state "Am I installing a server PPPd-isp for doing call-back"

This statement does not provide enough information to clearly define
your objective.

There are 2 major flavors of user ppp callback.

1. Your FBSD box dials out to your ISP, your ISP answers and then hangs
up, followed by calling you back on the same phone number / modem you
used to call out, your FBSD system answers and completes the connection.

2. Your FBSD box is connected to the internet through your ISP either
through dial up or permanent DSL, cable, T1 connection, and you want
to be able to phone call this FBSD system from an remote location where
your FBSD system answers, hangs up and calls the remote location back,
making the final connection.

Which callback method are you really interested in?